Do you want to streamline purchasing and stocking processes and ensure the right hardware inventory is on hand when you need it? Austin’s Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) Program is the first of its kind for lock and latch hardware and is designed to improve parts availability and reduce expense.
How does it work?
We will provide you with user-friendly software that automates virtually every step of your ordering, purchasing, stocking, and managing processes. Plus, we will evaluate your processes and customize the program to work with the inventory systems you already have in place. The VMI program saves you both time and money by reducing the time-consuming tasks and costly paperwork associated with purchasing, invoicing, expediting, and other inventory-related tasks.
Vendor Managed Inventory provides you with the following services:
- Customized Quality Programs: Our employees will help you create a customized, quality program that meets your unique manufacturing needs.
- Engineering Services: Our technical specialists will work with you to create customized hardware solutions.
- On-site Personnel: Our employees can take care of tracking, reordering, and replenishing critical components, allowing you to focus on your core competencies.
- Consigned Inventory: This will ease any budgeting and cash flow issues by generating billing only for inventory you actually use, while still providing you with on-site, immediate access to the program parts you need.
- Point of Use Bin Stocking: This provides real-time electronic tracking and automatic restocking to help you maintain your hardware inventories at the precise level and location that you specify on your manufacturing floor.
- Barcode Scans & Custom Labels: We will provide you with a scanner and barcode labels to automate your inventory tracking and management of program needs.
- Kitting: We can sort, pack and deliver your hardware components in convenient kits.
- Summary Billing: With fewer invoices to process and checks to cut, you will save hours of time and effort for your accounting staff.
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI): Our VMI software will automate the exchange of all electronic documents such as orders, invoices, shipping notices, etc.
We seek to give all of our customers a competitive edge in their markets, and VMI is just one of the ways we do that. If you’d like to learn more about Vendor Managed Inventory, or if you need help locating a part from one of our over 970 vendors, contact us today.